Terms and Conditions for your Comfort Heating Central Heating Installation Quotation and Agreement
Please read this document carefully as it will tell you everything you need to know about the terms and conditions on which we will deal to install central heating equipment in your home.
1. We undertake to carry out the work specified for the amount quoted, subject to the following terms and conditions.
2.The quotation is valid at the time of quotation and will expire if not accepted by you within 28 days and in any event is always subject to installation taking place within 90 days of the date the quotation is accepted.
3.The quoted price does not include the cost of removing any dangerous waste material, such as asbestos, which could not have been reasonably foreseen when we made the original quotation and which we only become aware of when doing the work. Such work will be at an extra cost.
4. We will carry out all the work during our normal business hours, which are 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday. If you want us to work outside our normal working hours, it may be necessary for us to make an additional charge which we will agree with you in advance. The Engineer may need to finish earlier than 5:00pm due to the nature of work or to pickup materials.
5. The time estimate provided for doing the work is our best estimate and we will make every reasonable effort to complete the work on time. However, we cannot be held responsible for delays due to weather or other circumstances beyond our control. In such situations, we will revise with you the time estimates we originally provided.
6. We may require you to take up all or some carpets and floor coverings, including tongue and grooved. parquet hardwood, rubber or tiled floors, before we start the work and we will give you as much notice as possible if we need you to do so. You may decide to call a specialist contractor to do this work for you. Alternatively, it may be possible for us to do this work for you, if this is the case we will not be responsible for any damage done.
7. We will take reasonable care to carry out the work without causing unnecessary damage to your property. While we will make good unnecessary damage directly caused by our negligence, you accept that the installation and related work may cause damage to finishing’s both internally and externally and that certain areas may need redecoration following completion of the installation. Redecoration will be your responsibility and is not included in the quoted price.
8. If you are a tenant, you may need your landlord’s permission to carry out the work detailed in the quotation. In the absence of your advice to the contrary, we will assume that you have made enquiry and obtained permission where required. We shall not have any liability for unauthorised works and you indemnify us for any losses howsoever arising that we incur from your failure to obtain such permission.
9. If your property is a listed building, you may need planning permission to carry out the work detailed in the quotation. In the absence of your advice to the contrary, we will assume that you have made enquiry and obtained permission where required. We shall not have any liability for unauthorised works and you indemnify us for any losses howsoever arising that we incur from your failure to obtain such permission.
10. It is your responsibility to ensure before we start the work, that there is adequate gas and electricity supply to your property as required.
11. Where we have connected new equipment to your existing system, we will not accept responsibility for the cost of repairing or replacing parts of your existing system which subsequently develops faults in that system unless we have been negligent in not realising that such damage may occur or the way we carried out the work caused the fault. Nor will we accept responsibility where your central heating system does not function properly because your water supply becomes inadequate or the water pressure is variable.
12. Equipment we install may come with separate manufacturer’s warranty. You are responsible for checking whether a separate warranty applies to the equipment we install and maintaining any such warranty with the manufacturer directly.
13. We do not accept liability if we cannot fulfil our side of the agreement for reasons which are beyond our control, such as fire, accidents, war, adverse weather conditions, industrial disputes, strikes and lock outs which we are not directly involved in.
14. The deposit shown on your quotation must be paid when you place your order. You must pay the balance of the quoted price when we have finished the installation. All equipment/materials installed are the property of Comfort Heating until the full balance has been paid.
15. Notice of the Right to Cancel
You are entitled to cancel this agreement. If you are contemplating cancellation, please call 0800 8247 457. If you wish to cancel, you MUST DO SO IN WRITING and deliver personally or send by RECORDED DELIVERY or REGISTERED POST to Comfort Heating, 49 Gordon Road, Northfleet, Kent DA11 9JN or by e-mail to email@example.com at any time WITHIN 7 DAYS starting from the date of you excepting the quote. If you wish to cancel this agreement after the cancellation period, we will retain the deposit you have paid to cover the costs we have incurred. If your installation date is within less than 7 days of the date you excepted the quote and materials have been received by us we will retain the deposit to cover the costs we have incurred.
16.The quotation together with these terms and conditions set out the entire agreement between you and Comfort Heating.
17.Third Party rights: nobody other than you will be able to benefit from this agreement.